- Build your audience ahead of time by promoting your interview. Let your audience know when the interview will be broadcast live and what they should expect.
- Make sure you have the most essential equipment in addition to your mobile phone: Microphone & Tripod. The microphone will help eliminate background noise and the tripod will keep the live broadcast steady.
- Prepare your Periscope titles and questions in advance. Don’t forget to include any hashtags and/or links.
- Make it short 5-10 min. in length.
- Interact with your audience if possible, answer questions from Periscope audience.
Here are two examples of Periscope interview sI did at the Gartner Symposium in Orlando on Oct 5th and Oct 6th, 2015.
The first is with Mike Fitzgerald, CIO Advisory Leader and Partner, IBM talking about the IT Organization of the Near Future.
The next interview was with Steve Robinson, GM IBM Cloud Platforms, IBM.