As we give thanks during the Holidays. Tal Ben-Shahar, has five reminders to take action on, not only during the holidays but though out the year. Tal Ben-Shahar is an author and lecturer. He taught two of the largest classes in Harvard University’s history, Positive Psychology and The Psychology of Leadership.
Included below is his video which I would highly recommend watching and a summary of the five takeaways.
- Let yourself be human. (You will not always be happy, and will experience various emotions. It is better to not suppress them, recognize them and work on them.)
- Give yourself time to recover. Take mini breaks to recover and vacations to be more productive at work.
- Start an exercise training routine. Exercise will help you be better at work and home.
- Breath, learn to take deep breaths. Take a few moments to meditate and be present in the moment.
- Savor and appreciate. Write down what you are grateful for everyday.
These are such important reminders and so worth your time! I hope you enjoy his video as much as I did.